How Do I

Frequently Asked Questions
How do I file a police report?

To make a police report about a crime or other incident that is not an emergency, you have the following options:

  • You can call the Millsboro Police Department non-emergency phone number (302) 934-8174 and request that an officer be sent to your location.
  • You can come in to the police department at any time and speak to an officer. The police department is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week
Are the communities of Long Neck, Oak Orchard, and Angola located in the Town of Millsboro?
How Do I pay a Ticket?
The Millsboro Police Department does not accept payment for traffic tickets. There are several options you can use to pay your traffic summons:

  • Pay by Mail
Mail in your fine in the envelope provided with summons. Please do not mail cash! Incorrect payment amounts will be returned. Voluntary Assessment Center, PO Box 7039 Dover DE 19903.

  • In Person
Respond into any Justice of the Peace court with the traffic summons and pay the fine.
How do I obtain a Copy of a police Report?
Please refer to the list below for information on how to request and/or obtain a copy of a police report. In most cases, reports are ready for release within 7-10 days of the applicable incident.

  • Crime Report
    • The Millsboro Police Department will release a "Victim’s Copy” of a crime report to any victim listed on the report. You must appear in person with photo ID to obtain your copy.
    • In the case of a minor child, a custodial parent/legal guardian may obtain the Victim’s Copy; in the case of a deceased victim, the next of kin may obtain. (Proof of relationship required)
    • There is no fee for a Victim’s Copy of a crime report.
    • Copies of crime reports are not released to anyone other than the stated victim unless directed via a court-issued subpoena.
  • Crash Report
    • Drivers or Owners of vehicles involved in a crash may request a copy of the crash report free of charge.
    • Insurance companies may purchase a copy of crash reports involving their insured via a written request and applicable payment.
    • The current fee for a crash report is $25.00 (subject to change without notice)
    • Contact our Department at 302-934-8174 (Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-4:00PM) in advance to verify that the crash report has been processed and is ready to release.
    • For faster results, please have the Crash Information Exchange Form  (provided at the time of the crash) for reference.
  • Traffic Ticket/Uniform Traffic Summons
    • If you are issued a Uniform Traffic Summons and lose/misplace your copy of the ticket, we are happy to provide you with a copy.
    • You must appear in person with photo ID to obtain your copy. No copy fees apply
How do I get my car out of the impound?
Vehicles can be towed and placed into storage by the Millsboro Police Department for many reasons. All vehicles towed by the Millsboro Police Department are stored at Buntings Tow Yard located in Dagsboro, DE. To ensure that you can receive a release for your vehicle when you come into the Police Department, please make sure you have the following:

  • Registered owner of the vehicle or proof of ownership
  • Two Valid drivers ( one taking you to the storage facility and one driving the vehicle)
  • Valid proof of insurance.